- Two Special Select Board Meetings this week: Tuesday, July 27th at 6 PM and Wednesday, July 28th at 5:30 PM. Agendas are available on the Select Board page of this website.
- Thank you all for your patience during the recent construction on Main Street for our wastewater department!
- Delays on starting Pedestrian Bridge project. Unexpected delays on the traffic control plan being approved by Vtrans- will update start dates once we know more.
- More construction coming! Construction of the pedestrian bridge on Main Street going over the Winooski is starting July 12th. Traffic will be one-way on Main Street across the bridge with temporary traffic lights in the village and on Rte 2 has been DELAYED. The Mill Street intersection with Main Street will be closed throughout construction - sorry about that. Please plan for delays and for your trip to take a little longer. This traffic control map may help a little, but it's very detailed and thus a little confusing.
- Repaving in the Meadow area of town has been rescheduled for October 2021.
- Are you interested in more background about the Pedestrian Bridge Project, or the Brook Road Bridge Replacement Project, or the Route 2-Main Street Intersection Remediation Project? Background documents are available on Plainfield's website.
- We've still got work if you're interested! If you are looking for some additional income consider serving the Town as our part-time Town maintenance manager - hours are flexible. We also are looking for a part-time constable and a part-time web administrator, the latter being a contract position. Contact the Town Clerk's office to apply, phone: 454-8461 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Join Plainfield's R.A.T.S. coalition! Recycle All Table Scraps is part of Plainfield's response to the new mandatory composting laws. We're calling on everyone who eats food to join us to be part of the solution!
- Please don't flush wipes! Here's why!