- Construction on Main Street next week, Monday through Friday, June 21-25 for our sewer system. To get to the Plainfield Coop, Town Clerk's Office, Rte 2, or Barre Hill, you'll need to use Creamery Street, Brook Road, and Mill Street. Plan a little extra time to get through town. Sorry for the inconvenience. But, we're glad it's not snowing!!!
- Did you miss the Special Select Board Meeting on Tuesday evening, June 8th? It was about traffic control during the period of constructing the Pedestrian Bridge project which will be starting in July. The meeting video is now available on Plainfield's YouTube channel. You can also see the Traffic Control Plan on our website.
- We've still got work if you're interested! If you are looking for some additional income consider serving the Town as our part-time Town maintenance manager - hours are flexible. We also are looking for a part-time constable and a part-time web administrator, the latter being a contract position. Contact the Town Clerk's office to apply, phone: 454-8461 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org .
- The Plainfield Town Office is scheduling in-office appointments on Mondays and Wednesdays for 2 hours due to the COVID pandemic. For scheduling and assistance, call 802-454-8461 or email us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org .
- New Select Board meeting day. The regular Select Board meetings will be held the first and third Tuesdays each month. Our next regular meeting is July 6.
- From Plainfield Green Up coordinator Becky Atchinson: A big THANK YOU to all the folks who volunteered for Green Up Day this year! Energetic Twinfield students picked up 30 bags of trash along the roads on Wednesday. Fifty, hardy town volunteers worked on or before Saturday to clean up our roadsides, resulting in the collection of nearly 100 more bags of trash and other debris. Our roads are in great shape once again - let's hope they stay that way for a long time!
- Join Plainfield's new R.A.T.S. coalition! Recycle All Table Scraps is part of Plainfield's response to the new mandatory composting laws. We're calling on everyone who eats food to join us to be part of the solution!
- Please don't flush wipes! Here's why!
- You can learn about the Pedestrian Bridge Project and why the Select Board decided to move forward with this project by viewing the Pedestrian Bridge Project Presentation.