- Twinfield School Director vacancy: The Town of Plainfield has a vacancy on the Twinfield School Board. A school director oversees educational programs, ensuring everything runs smoothly and efficiently. School directors usually work together with the teaching staff to research and develop educational curricula and programs, participate in hiring educators, and supervise staff.
If you are interested in serving on the Twinfield School Board, please send a letter of interest and resume to: Town of Plainfield, School Director position, PO Box 217, Plainfield, VT 05667.
- Important decisions coming up: Plainfield has received $188,622.33 in American Rescue Plan Act funds and will be receiving a total of $377,245 in ARPA funds. To assist us in making the important decision of how to best use these funds for our community. At its September 21 meeting, the Select Board sought input from town departments and citizens. For information about what these funds can be used for, go to our News from the Select Board page.
- Main Street will be one lane from Rte 2 to just past the Mill Street intersection as of Monday, August 23 due to Pedestrian Bridge construction. Delays are likely due to the one-lane traffic on Main Street to just after the Mill Street intersection and needing to abide by the traffic lights. Please plan for delays and for your trip to take a little longer.
- Navigating traffic challenges during construction - Now that construction on the Pedestrian Bridge has started, the traffic lights matter! Traffic will be one lane on Main Street across the bridge controlled by temporary traffic lights in the village and on Rte 2. The Mill Street intersection with Main Street will open but, going towards Main Street, is controlled by a traffic lights during construction. Access to the EV charging station isn't possible during construction, and parking along the Mill Street park is reduced due to the construction zone - sorry about that. This traffic control plan may help for planning ahead, but it's pretty detailed and a bit hard to decipher if you're not an engineer. Many thanks for your patience!
- Are you interested in more background about the Pedestrian Bridge Project, or the Brook Road Bridge Replacement Project, or the Route 2-Main Street Intersection Remediation Project? Background documents are available on Plainfield's website. The Brook Road Bridge Replacement project is on the Select Board Meeting agenda for August 3rd from 7:30 to 8:30 PM.
- On August 5, 2021 the Plainfield Select Board issued a Notice of Intent to Sell Municipal Property relating to the Old Fire House at 30 School Street. The very poor condition of the Old Fire House on Rte 2 and the risk of it falling into the Winooski River has been a concern for months. You may also find the July 29 Times Argus article to be of interest: Steeple builder wants to buy historic fire station .
- Repaving in the Meadow area of town has been rescheduled for October 2021.
- We've still got work if you're interested! If you are looking for some additional income consider serving the Town as our part-time Town maintenance manager - hours are flexible. We also are looking for a part-time constable and a part-time web administrator, the latter being a contract position. Contact the Town Clerk's office to apply, phone: 454-8461 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Join Plainfield's R.A.T.S. coalition! Recycle All Table Scraps is part of Plainfield's response to the new mandatory composting laws. We're calling on everyone who eats food to join us to be part of the solution!
- Please don't flush wipes! Here's why!