Plainfield Hazard Mitigation Committee
The Plainfield Hazard Mitigation Committee meets every third Thursday of the month at 6:00 PM at the Town Office. The Hazard Mitigation Committee's goals include providing the Select Board with information and suggestions to reduce or eliminate the long-term risks to human life and property in Plainfield from fluvial erosion/landslide, flash floods/floods, Marshfield dam releases or failure, winter storms, long-term electric outages, hazardous waste spills, forest fires and other identified hazards. The committee gathers information and develops long term recommendations to mitigate the impact of future flood and other hazardous events on public safety and infrastructure.
Hazard Mitigation Committee Meeting
September 20, 2018, 6 pm
Plainfield Municipal Building, back entrance
1. Amend and approve prior meeting's Draft Minutes (August)
2. Plan agenda and presentation for our October public forum on October 15th - "Back to the Brook."
3. PUC case evaluating a Certificate of Public Good for GMP's work at the Marshfield dam.
4. Review of the Emergency Preparedness conference in Fairlee ie. Dam Safety, Hazmat Transport in VT, Emergency Operation Centers, and the CARE vulnerable population registry with VT 911 and United Way.
5. Brief report: Hazmat spill last week on Route 2 in East Montpelier (going into the Winooski River).
6. Other business.
Residents are encouraged to attend our meetings. Please address questions to Secretary Michael Billingsley - email@example.com
Hazard Mitigation Committee Members
Amos Meacham, Chair
Sasha Thayer, Ex Officio Select Board Member
Michael Billingsley, Secretary, 802-380-6408
Hazard Mitigation Committee Meeting Minutes
Hazard Mitigation Committee Special Meeting Videos
Hazard Mitigation Committee Documents